- Test water and, if necessary, add shock
- Ensure proper water level is maintained
- Test pH and alkalinity; adjust accordingly
- Top up chemical dispenser
- Add sequesterant (stain and scale controller)
- Remove and spray cartridge filter with garden hose and re-install (see section CARTRIDGE FILTER)
- Remove and clean skimmer basket (see section CLEANING THE SKIMMER BASKET)
- Add shock/oxidizing agent
- Inspect union connections for o-ring and gasket leaks; tighten if loose
- Clean stainless steel controls as indicated on page 29
Soak your filter cartridge in a filter cartridge cleaning solution. Rinse thoroughly and, if possible, allow to dry before re-installing. Hydropool recommends purchasing a second filter so that while the first is cleaning, the other is clean and ready to install.
Drain swimspa by half at least once per quarter and clean the acrylic shell surface with a non-abrasive cleaner designed specifically for acrylic surfaces. See sections CHANGING THE SWIMSPA WATER and DRAINING YOUR SWIMSPA.
- Always wear rubber gloves when handling your filter cartridge
- Having 2 filter cartridges allows you sufficient time to clean the cartridge properly
- Allow the filter cartridge to dry after cleaning to improve filter effectiveness
- A quick source of hot water for your cleaning solution is the Swimspa itself
- Rinsing with a garden hose or under a tap is sufficient; don't use a high pressure washer
- Rinsing the filter cartridge with water weekly is a good maintenance practice
Recommended monthly for Swimspas with moderate use.
- Prepare a solution of EZ Filter Nu and hot water (preferable) in a clean plastic pail, laundry tub or specific filter cleaning container
Remove the filter cartridge(s) from the filter housing and rinse with garden hose to remove physical debris
Submerse filter cartridge(s) in the solution and allow to soak for 6 – 12 hours
Once soaking is complete, remove filter cartridge from solution and rinse well with clean water from garden hose or tap - do not use high pressure washer
Allow the filter cartridge to stand until dry before putting back in use
Once cleaning is complete, the used cleaning solution can be safely disposed of by pouring down the drain.
- Lightly used hot tub – use 200 mL of EZ Filter Nu for minimum 6 hours
- Moderately used hot tub – use 300 mL of EZ Filter Nu for minimum 6 hours
- Heavily used hot tub – use 400 mL of EZ Filter Nu for minimum 12 hours